Work is still busy and a bit stressful with all the Belgium testing, but I’ve been trying hard at Rodwell to only do my hours, nothing more. I’ve got back to my reading, belatedly and think I’m on track to catch up and get my draft essay in on time. I have so many plans for when I get back from holiday and when I start my second module.
• Holiday – Read trashy novels, eat and drink in moderation, do lots of exercise – walking, cycling, swimming, rollerblading and relax and be intimate with Alan.
• During my holiday I won’t worry about work or study.
• Do some reading every week, even if its only a few hours. I can’t afford to use my “all or nothing” strategy. A few hours is better than nothings and stops the panic at the end!
• Read during the week, and then do the review exercises or notes at the weekend
• At the weekends, I should realistically aim on an absolute maximum of 5 hours and if I’m on night shift, I should discount the weekend altogether!
• Start extra reading, learn some statistics and buy a book on doing research in preparation for my dissertation. Start early!
• Use Hotline more
• Join Holmes Place and do 3 classes a week – ie pilates, yoga and swissball – as well as swimming and regular Pilates with Tracy
• Use the Autumn to get functionally fit and running again.