1. What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?
Ran a marathon without injury (my only other marathon was 2001 with injury!)
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I will make more for next year. for 2014 I wanted to read more books (yes, 60+ to 54 last year), use my good stuff up (yes, getting better at this), write more regularly (so so, need to work on this) and declutter the flat (ongoing challenge!)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Karen with triplets Ethan, Savannah, Ryan
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
UK, France, Italy
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A different job
7. What dates in 2013 will remain etched on your memory and why?
Kate's boys moving in with her on 4th Feb, completing New York Marathon on 2nd Nov, getting promotion on 12th Dec
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Promotion, Marathon, Big project at work, 3 happy boys at home!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I had one
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Stayed amazingly healthy
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My wonderful sister who adopted 2 brothers and who is a fabulous Mum!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
no one particularly
14. Where did most of your money go?
kinderkrippe, Kindergarten and credit card (partic. Amazon kindle!), plus New York Trip
15. What did you get really really excited about?
my running and my Marathon
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I got 99 problems bit a b*tch ain't one (my favourite, most politically incorrect running tune!)
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder - happier
b) thinner or fatter – thinner-ish
c) richer or poorer - richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
reading and blogging
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying (as every year), working
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it here in Zurich just the 4 of us
21. What was your favourite month of 2013?
July&August - Boys' birthdays, family holiday in Italy & France, Markus started Kindergarten
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
fell in love again with Alan
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
How I met your mother
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
What Alice Forgot - Liane Moriarty
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bellowhead for running tunes
28. What did you want and get?
promotion at work, marathon success
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Still don't go to the cinema very often- but Paddington was a family favourite!
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 41, had a quiet one at home
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more time to myself, to read and blog (same as last year)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
still slummy mummy, but getting thinner (same as last year)
34. What kept you sane?
my kindle, oh, and Alan :-)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tim Roth :-)
36.What political issue stirred you the most?
no one issue
37. Who did you miss?
my sister, we seem so far apart (same as last year)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Kathrin (work friend) & RMR (online facebook group)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
Step by step
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
I can't 99 problems but a b*tch ain't one :-)