As I wrote in my first post, I was hoping to get more energy, sleep better and lose weight. Of course, the month isn't quite down yet, but here are my results so far :-)
* I have lost some weight - will be interested to see my weight on Monday 4th Feb, ie after challenge is finished.
* I feel as though I have more energy and purpose
* I have been sleeping better, when I was actually able to sleep. My boys however, have not been sleeping well, so mine has been rather disrupted. I am certainly coping better on little sleep, than if I had been drinking as normal
* Haven't noticed any difference to my skin
* Feels as though we have a bit more cash per week, not that we're not shelling out on bottles of wine
Overall I have found it easy not to drink, which is a relief. It shows me that I had got into the habit of (*cough* drinking every night) as a way of dealing with stress and hassles and unhappiness generally. Not drinking has helped me get a clearer picture of things. And reassures me that I don't need booze to sort things out, reassures me that I haven't missed it. It hasn't worried me at all that mr.ncot had a few glasses of wine without me.
Being Mrs "All or nothing", I have found it easy not to drink at all, to abstain completely. The real challenge of course is what I do next. How do I change my behaviour long term? I need to find the right balance. Between drinking during the week, but having booze free days in between. Between enjoying a glass of red, and between "self medicating" with wine, to avoid doing things / thinking about things / zoning out. Watch this space. In the meantime, just under 5 days to go. Am going out on Friday night to celebrate a friend's promotion at work, so will certainly enjoy that first glass of prosecco.