1. What did you do in 2012 that you've never done before?
Nothing of any significant note, so I will say - got a Kenwood Chef, did a lot of baking, made lots of gingerbread men during the year!
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I kept them on and off - exercise daily / log food / write on blog weekly
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Rachael had Emily, Caroline (neighbour) had Simon
4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes, sister of my best mate in October :-(
5. What countries did you visit?
England, Liechtenstein, Belgium, France
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A smaller body :-)
7. What dates in 2012 will remain etched on your memory and why?
Mum's suprise 70th birthday party on 2nd Feb, Sal's 40th on 12th June and Patrick's Blessing on June 16th
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping my 3 boys happy, health, fed, clothed, keeping household running, whilst working 80% !
Oh and breastfeeding P until he was 14 months!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having the courage to sort out the work situation, whilst whinging the whole time about it
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ear infections constantly from Sept to Dec
11. What was the best thing you bought?
iPhone 4s - can't believe I existed so long without one :-)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
As always, Mr.ncot
Plus my friends in Zurich - Jill, Kerry, Karen, Katie - who were my backup and support in the absence of family!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
As always - Nursery fees and credit card bills
15. What did you get really really excited about?
Apart from all the new apps on my iphone? Re-discovering the Archers after a 10 year break
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Bob the builder - we have the DVDs on repeat
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder - happier
b) thinner or fatter – definitely fatter, but that’s having a second baby for you!
c) richer or poorer - Slightly more money saved, so slightly richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent more time playing on the floor with my boys, totally in the moment
Gone running more, time for me!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting on sofa drinking red wine, watching crappy tv
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it as a family here in Zurich (with a visit from my sister until Dec 24th)
21. What was your favourite month of 2011?
Maybe Oct ? We went on our first proper family holiday to Lichtenstein
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
stayed in love with my lovely hubbie
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Still the Big Bang Theory, plus 24hours in A&E, final series of House
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read nearly enough books this year - but "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" was a great read - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/10411117
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
see above- that I found the archers podcast!
28. What did you want and get?
a sort of work life balance - I did manage to work 80% and keep the family sort of happy...
29. What did you want and not get?
happiness and fulfillment at work, enough sleep
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Didn't see many, but I really loved Skyfall
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 39 and I took the day off, had my hair done, then we had a photoshoot with Claire Pearson, before Alan and I went out for a nice meal at Tao Lounge.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more time for me!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Slummy, overweight Mummy. But I discovered Adam Brody for women in Zurich, who makes clothes for larger sizes!
34. What kept you sane?
Listening to podcasts, walking to work, riding my bike, running, blogging
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Abortion issue - death of pregnant woman in ireland
37. Who did you miss?
All my family and friends who are far away
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Andrea and her son Hector, she made me laugh!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012
The only way out is through. You learn most about yourself in the difficult times
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year