Helen Palmer (nice_cup_of_tea) wrote,
Helen Palmer

Decisions, decisions...

Today's decision? To go out on Friday night :-)

Not a hard decision you might think? I got an email today from one of my expat friends. There are 3 of us (plus our lads - but of course it's the girls who always organise everything!) and we meet every month or two, for drinks or food. I guess all 3 couples are pretty much the same age - early to mid thirties - and none of us have kids. Plus we're all expats here - english, irish, south african, american. We're at the stage that we've all met up several times, and the relationships between us all are slowly developing.

The decision to meet on Friday isn't really a difficult one at all, because I know we'll have a great time, but the first time we all met up, it was a conscious decision. There's a yahoo group for expats in Zurich, and it's useful 10% of the time for handy hints, but the other 90% of the time it tends to be whinging expats complaining about everything! I digress. Anyway, one of the couples organised a Tram Pub Crawl on Tram Line 7. I remember that A and I really discussed whether we should go and meet other expats, but in the end it was a good decision! Everyone met up, and we jumped on and off trams in our search for drinks! It was a great evening and we met these two other couples. So, a good decision then, and hopefully another good night coming up on Friday!
Tags: journaleers, writing

  • Spring has Sprung this weekend .....

    .... and I turned into a crazed swiss housewife this long weekend! - Friday we took out the carpet, beat it, cleaned it - P and I vacuumed and…

  • Sentimental Spatula

    Is it a midlife thing? Does anyone else on here have a favourite kitchen utensil? Recently my 2 favourite utensils broke (after i'm guessing 20…

  • End of a weary week...

    This week I have been suffering from a horrible cold and earache. Worked, but kept logging off for a nap or two during the week. The weather has been…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment