1. What did you do in 2010 that you've never done before?
Worked 80% / was a working mum
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions were:
Write Daily / Exercise Daily / Keep a food diary
I reviewed them monthly and kept them to some sort of degree. Will find a different method this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Alison Cutler gave birth to Sami (March? 2010)
Jay Gandhi was born to sal and Amit on 17th May 2010
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A replacement engagement ring! Oh, and more time for me
7. What dates in 2010 will remain etched on your memory and why?
1st February, Markus started nursery
1st March, date I went back to work
14th August, Markus' first birthday!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to work work 80% and managing to juggle everything, keeping Markus and Alan happy
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not losing weight, not getting promotion, not seeing reality of work until the end of the year
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only the normal colds / ear infections brought on by having baby at nurseryy
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Sessions with my nutritionist, Manuela Sarbach at vitabalance.ch
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The wonderful mr.ncot, who loves me unconditionally and is the best thing in my life
(same as last year and the year before!)
Plus a special mention to friends Sally and Kerry and Karen and Al and Jill for all their ongoing support for us as a family
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Nursery fees! and credit card bills
15. What did you get really really excited about?
Seeing Markus grow and develop. Hearing his fantastic laugh
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Five Monkeys were jumping on the bed!
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder - happier
b) thinner or fatter – definitely fatter, but that’s having a baby for you!
c) richer or poorer - Slightly more money saved, so slightly richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Played with Markus, had time to write, had time to sort photos
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent Christmas here with Markus and Alan and it was really relaxing and to be recommended...
21. What was your favourite month of 2010?
August - as we celebrated Markus' first birthday
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Stayed in love with Alan, fell more in love with Markus
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Boston Legal or House
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Putumajo label for children
28. What did you want and get?
Balanced work and family life
29. What did you want and not get?
promotion at work
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Hardly saw any films! But enjoyed the Social Network
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 37 and I can't even remember if and how we celebrated!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more time for me
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Don't have a fashion concept! Hard real trouble finding clothes to fit and accepting my new post baby body
34. What kept you sane?
Alan and Markus
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Feel very disppointed in the liberals going back on tuition fees
37. Who did you miss?
All my family
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010
Don't keep things for best, use them up
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Don't worry, be happy