The biggest lesson I need to learn is to enjoy the NOW and to stop worrying!
Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good
Just Begin and take Baby Steps
The first pass won’t be perfect
Expect the best (don’t borrow trouble)
Don’t save things for best, enjoy generously using them up!
2010 Resolutions (which will lead to goals below)
Write Daily (can be blog, twitter, flickr, in moleskin)
Exercise Daily (however short)
Maintain food and activity diary on www.fitbug.com
Get to 64kg by end of 2010 and replace engagement ring as reward
Enjoy balancing work and family, strive for promotion at CS.
Take the next steps on the Samaritans Research Paper
I need to recognise and fight my own RESISTANCE.
How does my resistance show up?
- in my unceasing pessism - I deal with change and new challenges by always starting from the worst possible outcome
- In my procrastination, fear of starting
- In my using alcohol to dull my stress and overwork
How can I beat my resistance?
- Taking responsibility for my thinking and choosing a more realistic, optimistic viewpoint - and by cancelling my negative thinking
- not using alcohol to self medicate ie as a stress reliever
- Choosing to start small, but to continue consistently
How do I keep sane?
- Write regularly / blog daily (mental relief)
- walk daily (physical and mental relief)