Had acupuncture and I can highly recommend it!
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Yes and Yes. For 2008 progress click here
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
So, so many :-)
Amelia Downes - 9.2.8
Rebecca Jane Turner - 2.4.8
Frauke's baby - 10.5.8 Jannes
Jenn's baby - 02.02.08, Holly Elizabeth
Kerry's baby - 26.06.08 Jamie Christoph
Dododumpling's baby - 01.07.08 Max Arthur
Milena's baby end July - Stella, born 17.07.08
Hanna's son, Léon Marlon - born 10.8.08
Sal's baby due September - Ish, born 08.09.08
Yokospungeon's baby, Lily, born 15.09.08
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my beloved Uncle and Godfather, Gerry Channer on 23.10.08
5. What countries did you visit?
Singapore, Poland, Belgium, England, Ireland, South Africa
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
contentment at what I already have in my life
7. What dates in 2008 will remain etched on your memory and why?
Mags and Mano got married on 14.08.08
Ish (first child of Sal and Amit) on 08.09.08
Gerry died on 23.10.08
Positive Pregnancy test on 20.12.08
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Can't say yet! Getting through IVF and getting pregnant
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sure I had a big failure? Maybe not speaking enough to Gerry or visiting him when I had the chance?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the normal endometriosis pain, no injuries thankfully!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A fitbug counter
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The wonderful mr.ncot, who loves me unconditionally and is the best thing in my life
(same as last year and the year before!)
Plus a special mention to friends Sally and Kerry for keeping me sane though project baby :-)
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
All those who peddle wars and greed
14. Where did most of your money go?
saving, oh and some books!
15. What did you get really really excited about?
Re-discovering facebook and making connections with lots of friends
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I genuinely can't think of one
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder happier
b) thinner or fatter about the same
c) richer or poorer more money saved, so richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
yoga and running
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worked and worried
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it with my family in Bristol
21. What was your favourite month of 2008?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I remained very much love with mr.ncot
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Top Gear, my secret, hidden pleasure!
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
So many to choose from, but maybe Night Train to Lisbon: Pascal Mercier
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Finding http://www.lastfm.com, it has introduced me to lots of great new music, including Blossom Dearie
28. What did you want and get?
A feeling of satisfaction by the end of the year
29. What did you want and not get?
Fitter and slimmer
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
The Band's Visit
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 35, had drinks with friends, went to Brussels for the weekend and then finally had a meal out with mr.ncot
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Suited and booted for work, scruffy jeans for home, with a bit of Boden thrown in for good measure!
34. What kept you sane?
Reading, listening to music and various relaxation mp3 files
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am turning into an apolitical animal, for which I am very ashamed
37. Who did you miss?
Gerry, plus Caroline in Australia, Jane in the USA, Pat in the UK
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't meet anyone new, but I enjoyed getting to know various people better ie Kerry, Jill, Polly and xbri online!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
It was just one of those things, just one of those crazy things (Blossom Dearie)