Went to Poland
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I sort of kept them, but will be working on more achievable ones for this year!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh yes.. My younger brother Chris, or rather his wife Jenn, gave birth to James Andrew Palmer on 01.12.2007!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, France, England, Poland, Thailand, Germany
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
7. What dates in 2006 will remain etched on your memory and why?
01.12.2006 (see above)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a promotion at work
9. What was your biggest failure?
see point 6! No actually, my biggest failure has been to be grateful for what i have and not to stress about what I don't yet have :-)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yep - broken wrist in March, operation to remove stage 4 endometriosis in September and allergic reaction to hormone injection, also September!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new laptop, handheld pc and mobile phone
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The wonderful mr.ncot, who loves me unconditionally and is the best thing in my life
(same as last year)
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Saving, saving, saving :-)
15. What did you get really really excited about?
Training my new employees in Poland building those relationships
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
I don't think I have one
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder
happier I think
b) thinner or fatter
little bit fatter probably
c) richer or poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
we spent it together here in Zürich - the first time we've had Christmas alone :-)
21. What was your favourite month of 2007?
Maybe December - became an Auntie, got promoted, had time off over Christmas
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I stayed in love!
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Dr. House (big fan of Hugh Laurie .-)
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Well, a rediscovery - They might be giants!
28. What did you want and get?
A large IPOD!
29. What did you want and not get?
again, see point 6!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Stranger than fiction
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
34 and we went to Ascona, a beautiful lake town in southern Switzerland
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
dare I say it? See point 6.
Maybe a bit more work, life balance!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Tailored suits and shirts by day, scruffy jeans by evening
34. What kept you sane?
reading, writing and having long soaks in the bath
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still Clive Owen for me
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Political / Economic - the run on Northern Rock.
37. Who did you miss?
my sister and family generally, didn't see enough of them!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
a new work colleague, Pier, who seems to be slowly healing our team at work...
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007
It's not about me. Take a deep breath and be thankful for other people's positive news
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Istanbul, not Constantinople, now its Istanbul, not Constantinople...