I lost my yoga virginity on Feb 10th!
Oh, and visited a sex shop *g* Special Moments in Zuerich :-)
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I pretty much achieved my specific resolutions and I completed most of my major resolutions ie finish masters, find a job. There's one that we're still working on :-)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My lovely friend Patrizia had Daniel early on in the year, 7 weeks ago my friend Jess had Max (over 11 pounds - ouch!) and my work colleague Roman is the proud father of Gina (born Dec 6th!)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Germany, England, France, Ireland, Amsterdam
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What dates in 2006 will remain etched on your memory and why?
April 10th: handed in my Masters Research
May 10th: Got a distinction for my Masters Degree
June 6th: Started work at Credit Suisse
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing and finishing my masters research
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending so much time before April faffing around and not finishing the research
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bob the iPod
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The wonderful mr.ncot, who loves me unconditionally and is the best thing in my life
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Since June, my salary has been saved like mad, to make up for not earning since London
15. What did you get really really excited about?
Finally getting my Ipod Nike running sensor thingy
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
"This is the Day" The the
One of the many songs on katcolorado's running playlist which I borrowed. Reminds me of running with her :-)
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder
b) thinner or fatter
thinner (lost a stone)
c) richer or poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Faffing and procrastinating
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In Derby and Manchester with my little sister Kate, my little bruv Chris and his wife Jenn, with mr.ncot and with my parents. We're going to Dublin for New Year.
21. What was your favourite month of 2006?
May (birthday, getting masters result and getting a job)
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I stayed in love!
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Hard to say..... any of the CSI series
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
So many to choose from, but probably The Wind Up Bird Chronicle - it was wonderful!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
the fun to be had with an ipod :-)
28. What did you want and get?
a job and a masters degree
29. What did you want and not get?
see point 6!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Children of Men although for sheer action, pace and sex / wooarg factor, the new Bond was hard to beat :-)
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 33 and I went out to brunch, read the Observer, played on my rebounder, before having champagne and pizza in the evening!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I'd known how well things were going to turn out, I would have worried less at the start of the year and enjoyed myself more!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
scruffy but comfortable
lately, suited and booted :-)
34. What kept you sane?
Mr.ncot! But also...writing on livejournal, discovering yoga
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ooh, that's a hard one.. having just seen Bond, probably Daniel Craig!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am ashamed to say that I've been very apolitical this year
37. Who did you miss?
I missed Caroline, my friend who lives in Australia. She seems so far away :-(
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Can I cheat and say katcolorado, even though I met her in 2005? She's made a huge impact on my life here in Zuerich :-) If that's not allowed, then all my work colleagues who have helped me to settle down and enjoy my life at Credit Suisse!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006
The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time... Stop worrying about the big picture and just take the next step needed!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"Our love is rock steady, rock steady..." (no doubt)