/ 2007 answers
/ 2008 answers
/ 2009 answers
/ 2010 answers
/ 2011 answers
/ 2012 answers
1. What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?
can't think of anything really new - started yoga again though and enjoyed doing the Feb, write a letter a day challenge
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I did lose weight, but not as much as I hoped
Have made a few resolutions
, but am mostly trying to finish my 40 challenges @40
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Caroline with Emily
Irene with Elea
Andrea with Georgie
Kerry with Isla
Slyvia with Henry James
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
UK several times (thanks to work and MBTI)
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Promotion at work and/or better Job
7. What dates in 2013 will remain etched on your memory and why?
Turning 40 on May 7th!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running a successful project at work, whilst supporting alan with his MBA and job change, and keeping both boys happy
9. What was your biggest failure?
no big failure. do wish though that I had started Metabolic balance / gym /running earlier on in the year
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
the normal colds and ear infections!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
signed up for metabolic balance- weight loss plan with nutritionist support
also signed up for Kieser gym for a year
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The wonderful mr.ncot, who loves me unconditionally and is the best thing in my life
(same as last year and the year before!)
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
no one particularly
14. Where did most of your money go?
kinderkrippe and credit card
but there was a fair bit of travel for both of us
15. What did you get really really excited about?
my 40 challenges!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Schiffli fahre, uuf em See...
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder - happier
b) thinner or fatter – thinner (8kg down)
c) richer or poorer - poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
running and gym, reading
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it here in Zurich with my sister
21. What was your favourite month of 2013?
October - finally family holiday in Vienna
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
fell in love again with Alan
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
How I met your mother
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
My Name Is... by Alastair Campbell
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can't think of one particularly
28. What did you want and get?
success at work, losing weight
29. What did you want and not get?
promotion / payrise
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Didn't go to the cinema much, but did enjoy Neuland
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 40, had a surprise party, then went to Sheffield for the weekend with best mates Sal and Mags
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more time to myself, to read and blog
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
still slummy mummy, but getting thinner
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36.What political issue stirred you the most?
no one issue
37. Who did you miss?
my sister, we seem so far apart
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013
Step by step
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Can't think of one