/ 2007 answers
/ 2008 answers
1. What did you do in 2009 that you've never done before?
Had a baby – markus gerry moran was born on 14.08.09!
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Yes and Yes. For 2009 progress click here
, for 2010 resolutions click here
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
So, so many :-)
Susan had Tessa
Patrizia had Harry
Al had Aimee
Andrea had Kyra
Daniela had Luca
Sharon had Henry
Meera had Ish
Becs had Izzy
Ali had William
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
England, Ireland, Poland, France, Malta
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Less needless worrying and more gratitude for my full life
7. What dates in 2009 will remain etched on your memory and why?
Markus arriving on 14.08.08
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Carrying the pregnancy to term
Successful part year at work and learn how to hand over my projects
Good year at PWG
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I really had a failure
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, just pregnancy pain niggles
11. What was the best thing you bought?
All the baby stuff, particularly the second hand Bugaboo Cameleon which we love!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The wonderful mr.ncot, who loves me unconditionally and is the best thing in my life
(same as last year and the year before!)
Plus a special mention to friends Sally and Kerry and Karen and Al and Jill for all their support through the pregnancy
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
All those who peddle wars and greed
14. Where did most of your money go?
Saving, furniture for the flat and baby stuff
15. What did you get really really excited about?
My baby to be, connecting with old friends on facebook
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I genuinely can't think of one
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder - happier
b) thinner or fatter – definitely fatter, but that’s having a baby for you!
c) richer or poorer - more money saved, so richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
yoga and running
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worked and worried
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it with my family, having a first family Christmas with Markus here in Zürich
21. What was your favourite month of 2009?
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I remained very much love with mr.ncot
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Total Wipeout – love those big red balls
25. Do you hate anyone now who you didn’t hate last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
So many to choose from!
Book I loved and read just before and after giving birth was “Shantaram” by David Gregory
Best Books to prepare for baby were “The best friend’s guide to pregnancy” by Vicki Iovine and “Secrets of the Baby Whisperer” by Tracy Hogg
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A very late entry – my sister gave me the Cd “Umbrellowhead” for Christmas and it is ace! Funky folk.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
To be fitter and slimmer
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
UP (first film seen after giving birth, delightful and tearful)
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 36, visited a hospital on my birthday, and mr.ncot took me out to a Japanese sushi restaurant for a meal – not a good choice – pregnant woman and sushi!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Pre Baby - Suited and booted for work, scruffy jeans for home, with a bit of Boden thrown in for good measure!
Post Baby – jeans and nursing tshirts in sludgy colours
34. What kept you sane?
Reading, listening to music and various relaxation mp3 files
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No change - Til Schweiger
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am turning into an apolitical animal, for which I am very ashamed
37. Who did you miss?
Gerry, plus Caroline in Australia
38. Who was the best new person you met?
New Mummies – Meera, Andrea, and the swimming girls
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
I see you Baby (Groove Armada)