I HAVE FINISHED MY LITERATURE REVIEW!!
I cannot begin to explain how relieved and good I feel. It's taken me ALL day to edit down and lose the final 700 excess words. But from 9444 words I now have a very presentable 5978 words! I genuinely didn't believe I could edit the literature review to meet this target, but I have. And in the process I've discovered that word limits are there for a very good reason. They force you to really focus on your argument and to cut out all the waffle. Very good training for me! Plus it's really sharpened my writing skills. I've dissected every sentence to find ways of losing words!
I've emailed the lit review and my notes to my supervisor and am now on a desperate push to do the last edits and cuts to the remained of the thesis. The previous draft was 35,000 words (I think i'm lucky my supervisor even read and commented on it!) and this next version should be 20,000 but I get a 10% leeway. I'm hoping they don't count too closely as I think it will be closer to 23,000 words!
I am beginning to believe (finally) that the light at the end of the tunnel truly is a light and not the headlights of an approaching train!
Updated checklist -->